I have always been a firm believer that you can be whoever you want to be.
However there's always the question how? Is it just not in you?
Let's say you¡ve always wanted to be an athletic wake-up-at-6-to-go-running person, but you¡ve never really been an exercise person and let's face it: you don't really enjoy running. I bet if you really want it then you will be able to achieve it.
Is it brain-washing yourself into liking something you didn't use to?
Do we just like the image of being like "that"?
Are we fated to be the way we were born, or can we transform ourselves into someone else? And until what point do we become poseurs?
I am certain that during our lives we grow, we make mistakes, we adapt, so therefor we change, we do change, but how much does our "inner essence" change?
This should really be the preamble for a long article called "How to become who you want to be". But I'm not there yet.
I can't help but keep wondering if "getting there", being who you want to be, implies that much change.
I can't write that guide, and I think that it'd be rather hard for anybody to do so.
But hey, I'm just 18, there's a lot of road to be paved ahead, so we will write it, we will write that guide as we go. Each one of us will.
Infinite x's & o's...
- Today - Joshua Radin My sister, who's getting married next April is looking for a song to dance to at her wedding. A friend of hers suggested this one, and I loved it. It makes me smile, even when I doubt she uses it.
- Steady as she goes - The Raconteurs Never heard nothing from them until last week when I was wandering around You Tube searching for Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol vids and there was one with this song, luckily for me, the author posted the song name.
- Electric Feel - MGMT I'm going to their concert in about two weeks!!!
- Champagne Supernova - Oasis One of my all-time favorite songs. I love, love, love it so much.
- Any Other World - Mika Very inspiring!
- Lights Out - Santogold I had never really payed attention to this song until the other day and it's awesome. It makes me wanna dance.
- Breathe me - Sia A little sad, but it's a good song to listen to when needed.
- La Vie en Rose - Edith Piaff Classic. I got obssesed with it since I saw Sabrina (starring Audrey Hepburn, not Melissa Joan Hart, thank you.) I like the Tony Benett version a lot too.
- Monarch - Feist It just fills my heart with glee!
- They can't take that away from me - Tony Bennett/Diana Krall This song has been sung by too many artists. I absolutely love this song. It makes me feel like a child again, having breakfast in my pijamas on a Sunday with my family.
- Pink - Aerosmith Can you believe I just discovered this song? Shame on me! I heard it on the radio on my way to school a few weeks ago and as soon as I arrived school I downloaded it
- Hotel Roosevelt - Augustana Another all time favorite. This song's far too great.
- Cry, cry , cry until you fall asleep or you burst up laughing.
- Watch an old hollywood film. (Right now I'm loving Sabrina, starring Audrey Hepburn, who else?)
- Create a mood/inspirational board, which is just a cork board or whatever full of things that inspire you make you happy, and little treasure you find around.
- Grab a pen and let your hand roam freely. Don't stop, don't read, just write.
- Call a friend and talk about silly things, just goofy, silly stuff that make you both laugh.
- If you have money to spare go buy yourself a leather jacket. ( I did yesterday)
- Go for a run with a Happy Place Playlist.
- If you live by the sea, go take a dip. Close your eyes and feel the sun and the salt. Let the water swing you gently.
- Sing out loud & rather out of tune "La Vie en Rose" by Edith Piaff.
- Doze off to Friends or Sex and the City, the ultimate lift-me-up sitcoms.
- A leather jacket. I spotted one the other day at the mall, and I'm so going back for it.
- I come from a place that is horribly hot, so winter for us is so light. But now I'm living in a another, way colder city, so I need coats and peacotas. I want colorful ones. Making-a-statement ones.
- Cardigans for everyday.
- Tights. Patterened tights and colorful tights.
- Skirts, lots of skirts to wear with tights.
- Black dresses and pink dresses.
- A pair of black boots, a pair of b&w oxfords and a pair of color-shocking heels, like those hot pink ones.
- Gloves! I love gloves. Scarves and lots os brooches to pin them on scarves. Also, very thin belts.
- Lousy Shirts/blouses. Extra points if they have a tie/ribbon, a la Salvador Dalí.
- An oversized clutch and a very classic handbag.
- Lots of headwear, a red or fuscia knitted beret, and feathered headbands.