Hello, hello sunshines!
Summer's less than a week away, how exciting is that?
I love summer, it's just too full of surprises. Summer's a time for dreamers.
(For product information click here)
Either if you are in NYC, having the time of your life interning at some fashion magazine ( like Casey), or just living your dream like Gala; sunbathing in Santorini, Ibiza, ou Bourdeux; traveling around Europe with nothing more than a backpack, a guitar and a camera; like me, moving away from home and starting a whole new different phase of your life, or working your buts off the whole summer, there a few things you should not forget.
So I give you... M.B. Whimsical's Summer 2008 Essentials.
- Summer's a time for celebration. Dress up and go out dancing. Black in the summer (as weird as it may sound) can't go wrong.
Now, SHOES! This summer make a statement. Hot prints, brights, or just go classy, that never, ever goes out.
- Carry an over sized clutch during the day, a small, elegant one during the night.
Don't forget a practical, but cute tote or messenger bag to carry around your trinkets.
A hot pink is perfect.
- Inside your previously - selected bag carry everything you think is indispensable for your day. Take a trip to the park or the beach and greet the sun rays. Throw in your towel, your ipod, sunglasses, and some suncreen. Take your all-time favorite book and re-read it. Again. Take a cute notebook and a pretty coloured pen and write all your dreams and life plans. Or just a random notebook. Feel the breeze in your face, the sun in your skin, squeeze the sand between your toes and let your hand roam freely.
- Make a point on not forgetting your sunglasses and sunscreen.
"Wrinkles and creases are for "it" bags and old love letters." - Gala Darling.
- Cute accesories.
- Rosy cheeks are very summer-like. Tarte's cheekstain is beyond perfect.
- Hats. Headbands. Headscarves. Turbans. Go head over heels.
Wear some huge sunglasses and pretend your a star hiding from the paparazzis.
A coy smile would be your best accesory.
- If your going away, pretty and feminine luggage is key. It makes you feel like a real jetsetter. A cute passport holder wouldn't hurt.
And I have the perfect soundtrack for you: Jetsetter by Morningwood.
And the perfect outfit.
Have a safe flight!
- A bottle of water.
- A dreamy and happy disposition for everything summer has in store for you.
- And most important of all, a camera so you can document all your adventures.
While you're at it, you can use a Moleskine or some cute notebook too, so you keep track of your summer lovin' days.
Have an outrageous summer my sweets. Make the most of it! Have fun. Smile. Blow kisses. Make bubbles. Swim. Make a cocktail night with your friends. Eat lots of sushi. Download lots of good music. Dance like crazy. Watch lots of movies. Make something artistic. Buy balloons, and give away flowers.
Whatever you do make a statement. You are doing it anyway, and because of that it's already wonderful. (Someone has been reading too many Notes from the Universe hehe!)
And please remeber: Carpe diem sunshines! Summer goes by pretty fast!
Infinite x's & o's...