7/28/2008

Hello there!

Hello, hello...
After over a month of absence I'm back to announce... a whole new period of absence.
I was leaving town for college tomorrow but then everything changed and I'm leaving on Monday. I start school on Wednesday.
I'm pretty excited about leaving so I was kinda upset, but hey, if life gives you lemons make lemonade, so I have more time to work on un-arranged matters.
So I have a busy week, plus, another busy, internet-less week ahead of me, alas, I don't think I'll be around here a lot. My intentions are, though, to dedicate a lot more time to blogging. I have many plans for this blog.

By now, I think it's time for you to know me...I think just a nomme de plume doesn't make a great connection with the readers.
Just so you know...
My real name is Emilia Igartua Vellatti, but you can call me Emy, Emily or Em... or by my nomme de plume.
I am mexican though my last names are the first spanish and the latter italian.
I am as you know, 18 years old an my birthday is on January the 12th.
I have just one sister, who's 9 years older than me. She's getting married to a French guy next April and moving to Paris. Lucky her, right?
Taking advantage of that I'm planning to go to Parsons Paris for 6 months during my career, and given that there's also Parsons New York, I want to go another 6 months there. And so, start my New York dream plans.
What is it with us bloggers with New York?

I have also mentioned before that I'm starting next week (gasp!) college, and I'm going into visual arts. I love art, I draw, I started painting again recently even though I don't do it much.
But my real knack, is doing collages. It sounds lame, but I'm really, really good at it. I'll post some pics later.
That's why my dream is to become a fashion magazine's creative director.

While art has been my passion during my whole life, there's another passion I discovered a few years ago while working on a homework. I love writing. And well, maybe this blog doesn't show it...but I'm not bad at it. Someday, I'm gonna write a fantasy novel, a non-fantasy novel, and write & illustrate several children's books.

I lost quite some weight due to an illness last month, and I'm not planning on regaining it anytime soon; I sometimes believe quite firmly that I was born in the wrong epoque. One of my all-time favorite movies is The Beauty and the Beast which I watched every single day when I was a child. My mom says it's my story because I read way too much when I was little and I have always dreamt of "something more than this provincial life". I wear contact lenses because I'm quite very blind. I have an obsession for fashion magazines, and I love music, so if you love music too that's a very good way to start a conversation with me. Also, recommendations are very, very welcome.

The name M.B. Whimsical stands for something. It was not picked up randomly. While I'm not giving out why M.B., I will tell you that Whimsical is one of my favorite English words because it represents a lot to me, a lot of my childhood and a lot of what I'm still am. It remembers me of how funny the world is and how some times life can be a fairytale (yes I'm cheesy, I know that).

I also think I grew up a lot this last year, and I think I will continue to this next one.
Oh and I love watching the same movies over and over again.
And did I ever mention my father looks like John Lennon? Especially when he was young and wore his hair longer.

Oh and this is me...



Nice to meet you all.
I'll try to keep this thing updated, but if not wish me luck!
Until next time.

Infinite x's & o's...
Em / M.B. Whimsical.

3 comments:

queengilda said...

well hello hello hello!!! :) i'm glad to get to know the girl behind this blog!!

i would love to see your collages!! put them up sometime. :D

i heard that parsons paris is pretty good!!! you get to learn from the best in the industry and my friend once took a course taught by someone who worked directly under christian lacriox! amazing right?

parsons new york is HIGHLY overrated. i know that sounds funny since i go there myself. but honestly i have very mixed feelings about it.

M.B. Whimsical said...

Really? Parsons NY overrated? well that is sad to hear but I have to say that you get the slight impression from the websites.
I think I will post my collages...

M.B. Whimsical said...

... I have no idea why I submited that comment since I hadn't finished.
Hahaha i'm a bit distracted today.
You'll see why.